Monthly Archives: May 2015
On Sunday, May 17th, the HSVD Community Service Club participated in AIDS Walk NY in Manhattan. We walked 10k (6.2 miles) and raised $50 towards AIDS research and also raised awareness for the AIDS epidemic. The weather was perfect, a summer preview, and we had a great time supporting a great cause. Participants included:
- Club Advisor: Mr Rau
- Faculty member: Ms Chung
- Club President Carolina Gonzalez (senior)
- Seniors: Ayannah Salaam, Ariana Bodden, Ariel Smith, Erick Balbuena, Indira Hernandez, Melisse Valdez, Hazel Sosa, and Alexa Nunez.
- Juniors: Angelyn Robles and Ileamarys Mateo
- HSVD Alumni Gisselle Ruiz
- In addition, we were joined by members of the Morris Leadership Council who attend SFE and Ariel’s sister.
Well done, HSVD!